StreamNative is helping organizations build the next generation of messaging and event streaming applications. We do this by offering Apache Pulsar and StreamNative’s ‘products as a service’.
About the Role
The StreamNative team is growing! We are looking for a trainer with proven experience presenting technical content to software developers, architects, and operational support personnel. If you possess an engaging presence, along with the ability to explain complex technology and deftly manage a classroom of adult learners, this could be a great fit.
In this role, you will prepare, conduct and evaluate training classes that cover architecture, design, deployment, development, management, and troubleshooting of Apache Pulsar software and StreamNative products.
- Deliver live virtual technical training for Apache Pulsar community members and StreamNative customers on a regular schedule.
- Coordinate and manage training classes including scheduling, promotion, and customer relationships.
- Creatively use instructional design strategies to develop real-world and use case driven learning content and learning paths that drive adoption of Apache Pulsar.
- Ensure the quality and consistency of course content throughout a course life cycle.
- Develop and maintain technical training content, lab environments, exercises, demos, presentations, assessments, and other ancillary material.
- Keep abreast of content additions and enhancements by working with Engineering stakeholders to ensure accurate, effective training content.
- Uses excellent writing skills to plan, create, and update concepts, procedures, reference content, work processes, videos, and self-paced learning content for multiple audiences.
- Write about technical subjects clearly and concisely, perform audience analysis, translate technical content into user-centered documentation and learning content.
- Interact with geographically diverse subject matter experts and project teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical writing, technical communication, instructional design, learning design and technology, or a related field
- 7+ years of in-person and/or virtual classroom training and facilitation.
- 7+ years of experience working in a software development environment.
- 7+ years proven experience developing technical learning content, preferably for open-source software products
- Minimum 4 years of instructional design and LMS experience
- Experience developing applications with Apache Pulsar and Apache BookKeeper or related technologies.
- Development experience using Java, C#, C++, Go, Python programming languages.
- Previous customer-facing roles such as Customer Success, DevOps, or Technical Support.
- Experience with structured authoring and C/CMS systems is preferred
- Demonstrated experience with Camtasia, Captivate, Articulate, 360Learning, and/or other documentation and training development tools is a plus