Role: UX Manager
Reporting to: Engineering / Product Leadership
StreamNative is enabling organizations to build the next generation of messaging and event streaming applications. Leveraging Apache Pulsar and Bookkeeper, we optimize for scalability and resiliency while reducing the overhead management and complexity required by incumbent technologies. We do this by offering Pulsar and StreamNative’s ‘products as a service’. StreamNative is building a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing products and committed to customer success.
About the Role
We’re looking for a UX Manager to help us design and deliver thoughtful user experiences that truly empower our customers to best leverage our products. You’ll be working on some of our most challenging and high-impact UX problems, helping to develop and execute a shared product vision and strategy. The ideal candidate is a multi-disciplinary UX designer that has very strong interactive and usability design skills, to help make complex systems simple to understand and use through refined user flows and data visualizations. They possess a deep understanding of the advantages and limitations of digital media to create work that is aesthetically stunning, legible, and usable. This person will collaborate with other designers, developers, project managers, and producers across departments, and work in an extremely fast paced work environment that demands a strong work ethic, attention to detail, and ability to turnaround tight deadlines.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Develop, maintain, and extend a deep understanding of StreamNative’s holistic product, business objectives, customers, and competition by conducting or participating in relevant user research, competitive analysis, and other design thinking activities.
- Build a close, collaborative, and influential relationship across all parts of the technology team to define and achieve product objectives, creative approaches and deliverables.
- Independently develop and deliver high level and detailed storyboards, concept diagrams, user interface sketches, mockups, prototypes, and detailed design specifications to effectively communicate design concepts and solutions.
- Provide oversight and support for the development team as they deliver products that implement your designs.
- Actively mentor other individual contributors on the wider technology team through thought leadership.
- Define, lead, and oversee UX architecture projects- defining overall goals, process, and outcomes, and proactively reporting changes to leadership and key product stakeholders.
- Collaborate effectively with leadership to drive vision and strategic direction for your portfolio, and maintain its alignment across the company.
- Extensive experience as an influential UX team member, deconstructing complex design challenges and transforming them into simple, intuitive solutions.
- A strong portfolio comprised of projects which demonstrate strategic, visionary, creative, and user centered design solutions to complex problems.
- A passion and drive to first understand and then design to help users learn and understand complex systems
- Ability to expertly conduct a wide range of appropriate UX design activities such as: user research, workshop facilitation, strategy and vision development, systems design, concept design, detailed design, rapid prototyping, and usability testing. Ability to drive planning and prioritization activities.
- Expert-level capability using industry-standard UX and UI design platforms. Ability to seek out, validate, and adopt new tooling that improves design outcomes.
- Deep expertise designing for Enterprise and B2B SaaS products using agile and iterative design processes.
- Ability to develop a strong understanding of the business, vision, and strategy, as well as complex technical requirements, and incorporate them into elegant design solutions.
- Experience advocating for scalable, research-backed design frameworks, architecture, and solutions. Ability to instill and standardize user-centered design principles, concepts, and practices through mentorship and design direction. Advocates for change when vision, strategy, or solution isn't of high value.
- Experience leading and inspiring product design teams through influence and thought leadership.
- Ability to provide technical oversight and mentorship to designers to improve outcomes for the team.
- Ability to identify opportunities for process and operational improvements and execute them, in order to continually advance the maturity of the design organization.
- Influence: Asserts own ideas and persuades others, gaining support and commitment and mobilizing people to take action
- Negotiation: successfully obtains commitment to a solution or idea, while maintaining integrity and relationships
- Courage: steps up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said
- Perseverance: pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish—doesn’t give up
We are proud of the team we’re building. We're committed to equal opportunity employment -- and beyond. We believe diverse experiences and perspectives build a stronger team and a better product. We welcome fresh perspectives and challenge our own assumptions to make StreamNative better. The more inclusive we are as a company, the better we can serve our customers.